The arts are the soul of a thriving community
Welcome to Bee Vradenburg Foundation. We center equity and inclusion across our work to advance the relevance, resilience and greatness of arts in the Pikes Peak Region. We’re glad you’re here to join us on this journey.
“The Bee Factor”:
Bee’s unceasing ability
to tackle new endeavors with gusto and achieve goals others thought impossible.
Our Approach to Equitable Grantmaking
Bee Vradenburg Foundation’s approach to grantmaking centers equity and inclusion within the Pikes Peak Region arts community. Grantmaking is grounded in five core tenets to celebrate and ensure the sustainability of a diverse spectrum of arts and culture activities and to foster a broadly inclusive and more just Pikes Peak Region.
- Accessible: The Foundation is an active partner and seeks out opportunities to engage with and support its community. The Foundation’s grantmaking processes are approachable and straightforward.
- Transparent: The Foundation’s communicates regularly with its community and ensures that all decision-making processes are clear, consistent, and fair.
- Accountable: The Foundation regularly seeks and incorporates feedback from its community within its practices. The Foundation recognizes its position of power and proactively addresses feedback openly, thoughtfully and in partnership with its community.
- Flexible: The Foundation listens to and responds to the shifting needs and challenges within its community and adjusts its grantmaking and decision-making when needed.
- Trustworthy: The Foundation trusts its community to know what is best and demonstrates that it is invested in its community’s long-term success and sustainability. The Foundation follows through on its commitments.
Grant seekers, welcome!
We make the process of a applying for a grant simple and straightforward. Find out how you can apply today and start creating beauty in our community.
Grant seekers, welcome!
We make the process of applying for a grant simple and straightforward. Find out how you can apply today and start creating beauty in our community.
The Foundation provides support each year for up to two paid internships at arts organizations in El Paso County, with emphasis on young professionals identifying with minoritized communities.
The Emerging Arts Leaders Initiative provides holistic, tailored support to help marginalized arts leaders achieve their next big goal, expand their exposure and build their support networks.
The Bee an Arts Champion Award honors the legacy of Bee Vradenburg by recognizing individuals who have demonstrated sustained, passionate and innovative leadership toward advancing the arts in the Pikes Peak Region.